Moms are always looking for creative ways to offer nourishing snacks to their kiddos. In a couple of months, temps will be rising and we’ll be looking for cool and refreshing foods while we enjoy the summertime sun. This yummy snack stays in the freezer so you can make a few batches and have plenty to go around whenever you need a quick snack for yourself and the family.
Pregnant mamas – this would also be a perfect snack to prepare before having your baby or a nice gift to bring to a mom after delivery!
Children can help by:
- Mixing yogurt and honey
- Adding raspberries and chocolate chips into mixture
- Breaking the barkThis yummy treat was inspired by : http://www.goeatandrepeat.com/greek-yogurt-breakfast-bark/
- 1 ½ cups of plain greek yogurt
- 2 ½ tbls of honey
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chunks
- ½ cup of raspberries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix greek yogurt and honey in a bowl until combined.
- Pour mixture onto the baking sheet and spread into a thin layer.
- Add raspberries and chocolate chips to the top of mixture.
- Cover the baking sheet with a aluminum foil. Place in the freezer for two hours, or overnight, until the bark is frozen.
- Break bark into large pieces.
- Serve immediately or keep stored in the freezer in an airtight container or bag.
Note: If you find the bark to be too cold to eat, pull the bark out of the freezer a few minutes before you decide to serve it. Keep in mind, the bark will soften and warm up very quickly. If you leave it out too long, the yogurt will become too soft again and will lose it’s shape.