1.Reset my bedtime routine. I honestly have a pretty lousy bedtime routine. I work way too late and I often find myself answering emails even after I’ve crawled into bed. For an already sleep-deprived mama, this obviously is not helpful! Here is my new, simple plan –
1. 1 hour before bedtime = no more emails, phone, work, etc…
2. Enjoy small cup of chamomile/caffeine free tea
3. Read a book that is not nutrition-related (paperback – no kindle or iPad).
This is not going to be easy for me but it’s something I really want to do for myself.
2. Continue to practice saying NO if an opportunity doesn’t fit comfortably into my schedule. I deal with major FOMO (fear of missing out) in my personal and professional life. I’ve been working on this one for the past few years. I will continue to say no to any opportunity that will take away from my work-life balance or cause me to feel over-extended.
3. Practice intentional gratitude. I don’t do this nearly enough and when I do, I feel AMAZING. I’ll never understand why this is so difficult for so many of us. This is my most important intention of 2016. I plan to practice intentional gratitude every single day. If you’d like to learn more about how this impacts your well-being and those around you, check out this article http://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/11/the-coolest-thing-about-gratitude/
4. Improve the lives of mothers. One of my big professional focuses will be on improving the lives of mothers through body image and nutrition support – especially during prenatal and postpartum times. I can’t wait for the Nurtured Mama to officially launch. I’m also working on ways to spread awareness of the real wellness needs of mothers through speaking engagements, podcasts, blogs and more. Stay tuned!
What intentions do you have for 2016?