How to Make Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Sweet Potato Enchilada
- Preheat oven to 420F degrees.
- One large tomato basil tortilla
- 3 oz of pre-cooked shredded chicken
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup blackbeans
- ½ small sweet potato
- 2 ounces of cheddar cheese
- ¼ green bell pepper
- ¼ onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Crushed peppers (optional)
- Fill a small pot with water, bring to a boil, and add sweet potato. Cook for about 10 - 12 minutes or until tender. Remove sweet potato from pot,cut into small pieces, and set aside 12 minutes or until tender. Remove sweet potato from pot, cut into smal lpieces, and set aside.
- Chop onion and bellpepper into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil on a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Saute chopped bell peppers and onions; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions and peppers are slightly tender.
- Heat up pre-cooked chicken with ¼ of the enchilada sauce by adding it to the skillet containing onions and peppers, heat for about 8minutes.
- Rinse beans and microwave for about 2 minutes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Warm the tortilla on a skillet over medium-high heat until warm (about 10 seconds on
- each side).
- Remove tortilla from heat. Add onions, peppers, beans, chicken, and 1 ounce of cheese
- to tortilla.
- Roll up tortilla burrito/wrap style.
- Place tortilla enchilada in an oven safe dish and pour 1/4 enchilada sauce over the top,
- bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from the oven and sprinkle the remaining amount of cheddar cheese over
- the top, broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for about 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your choice of sides like guacamole, veggies, and salsa.
How children can help with the recipes:
● Washing veggies
● Rinsing beans
● Sprinkling cheese
● Wrapping tortilla
● Shredding chicken
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!