This is a super easy and delicious salad for the fam to enjoy. Packed with flavor, crunch, and zest. Great source of iron and vitamin C for mamas and kiddos too!
lentil, couscous and steak salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing
- 1 bag spring lettuce
- 1 pound Trader Joe's frozen pre-cooked grass fed beef sirloin roast
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup lentils (try Trader Joe's cooked lentils)
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Meat: Follow instructions on Trader Joe's frozen beef sirloin roast (defrost/reheat in microwave or oven)
- Couscous: Saute 1 3/4 cup couscous in 1 T olive oil until lightly browned. Add 1 2/3 cup water, bring to a boil and then simmer for 12 minutes.
- Chop chop: dice red bell pepper & slice tomatoes in half
- Throw all ingredients (except for the meat) in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and whisk.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- Serve slices on meat on top of salad.
- Kiddo modification: Slice meat in long strips for baby and toddlers.