Supervision & Business Consultation for Dietitians
For registered dietitians who specialize (or want to specialize) in eating disorders, intuitive eating and child feeding disorders. Support and consultation for solo and group private practice owners.
Hey there! Looking for supervision, case consultation and individual or small group business support? I’d love to work with you! I’ve spent over 12 years growing my private practice into a group practice and 7+ years offering supervision to dietitians. I’ve learned what it means to run a sound business and create a space for clients that provides safety, support and space to grow in their recovery. All while maintaining healthy boundaries in business and clinical work and making sure we’re considering our own needs as individuals and business owners in mind. Watching other dietitians grow in their skills, increase their confidence and succeed in business lights me up.I am also an IAEDP approved supervisor and can help you work towards getting your CEDS/CEDRD certification if that’s a goal of yours. My specialties include eating disorders (all ages and diagnoses), intuitive eating, prenatal and postpartum nutrition/intuitive eating, child feeding, and feeding disorders (ARFID). I’ve also been providing wt-inclusive care since 2009.
Dietitians I work with…
- Feel more confident and ready to support clients no matter what stage in the healing and recovery process they’re in
- Can take on higher acuity clients
- Experience better client retention
- Fill their schedules faster
- Feel less stuck even when their clients aren’t able to make changes
- Know how to coordinate with other providers effectively to improve care and increase referrals
- Have tangible activities and approaches to use in sessions from modalities like ACT, CBT, DBT, RO-DBT, basic somatic nutrition therapy, and are trauma informed (also Division of Responsibility and Responsive Feeding when working with children/teens/families)
- Know how to set boundaries with scheduling and in communication with clients so that clients are getting their needs met while maintaining a manageable schedule/workload
- Identify when their own nervous systems are reacting in session and what to do about it
- How to calmly and confidently prioritize needs of complex client cases
- Feel seen, heard and supported
- Get their CEDS/CEDRD faster due to fuller schedules and faster accural of hours (if that’s a goal)
- And so much more…
Business topics I can support you with include…
- Starting a private practice
- Determining your niche
- Setting appropriate business and client boundaries so that you can create a sustainable and rewarding practice
- Determining rates
- Setting up systems in your practice/selecting software/EHR programs that improve productivity in business
- Navigating cash pay and insurance (I’m not THE insurance expert but run a practice that is both cash pay and takes insurance)
- Starting a group private practice
- Running a sustainable group practice that offers a positive work environment for employees while also meeting your needs as the owner
- Much more!
There are two ways to work with me
- 1:1 supervision for 30 or 60 minutes – $90 for 30 min or $175 for 60 min
- Option to pair up for a “diad” – $90/hour (this still counts towards an hour of supervision towards your CEDRD/CEDS)
- Schedule as needed
- I can sign off on iaedp certification hours if meeting once per month
Supervision & Business Support Intensives (CURRENTLY ENROLLING)
- 2 hours of supervision per month in a dyad (group of 2 – this counts for individual supervision when pursuing CEDRD)
- 2 group calls per month
- One call for business support
- One call for group supervision
- Access to Q & A with me between calls – submit a question and I’ll send out a response to the group via audio or video
- More in-depth “hand holding” for the CEDRD/CEDS certification process
Currently Enrolling for individual and intensives!
DATES and DETAILS
- Dyad supervision calls are scheduled on Mondays (AM PST) and Wednesdays (PM PST) every other week so you’ll have a call on a Monday or Wednesday twice per month (can adjust availability if needed)
- Group Calls are scheduled for 2 Thursday mornings each month at 9am PST (can adjust if necessary for group availability)
Here’s another way to break it down…
- INDIVIDUAL SUPERVISION
- Length of Time
- Between Session
- Business Support
- Group Supervision
- INDIVIDUAL SUPERVISION
- As needed
- 30 or 60 min
- Primarily for scheduling or sending materials mentioned
- Can be included in individual call
- Will sign off on hours when scheduling 1 session per month and answer basic questions during supervision
- $175 for 60 min
$90 for 30 min
- SUPERVISION & BUSINESS INTENSIVE
- Monthly, Ongoing
- Twice Per Month in groups of 2
- Submit questions & answers are sent to the group
- 1 group business call per month
- 1 group supervision per month
- Getting started, exact requirements, keep you updated on changes, provide access to q&a’s about certification.
Why should I consider a 3 month group intensive?
- Maintaining a consistent pattern of supervision and support will keep you focused on your growth as a clinician and business owner. One-off supervision hours are helpful but as we know, consistent support allows for you to build on specific cases, deepen your understanding of approaches (learn –> implement –> return to reflect and receive further guidance –> implement –> repeat)
- You’ll grow your skills and business faster resulting in a fuller schedule doing what you love
- The intensives offer a combination of individual support (2 hours a month) and 2 group hours per month so you benefit from individual time and opportunities to learn from and grow with group members
- Get more guidance with the CEDRD process. Let’s be honest – the IAEDP website and certification materials can get pretty confusing. I’ve taken the time to stay up to date on the ever-changing process and can help you feel more confident and clear about requirements and how to meet them.
- You can stick around for one intensive or sign up for many!
Hear from other dietitians thriving in practice
Hear from other dietitians thriving in practice
I can’t say enough positive things about working with Lindsay. Her supervision and feedback have been so valuable, both to me and my clients. She is patient, non-judgmental, and an excellent listener. Her responses to my questions are always so insightful, and I’ve continued to use her advice months later. I always leave feeling incredibly supported and confident that I am doing what is best for my clients.
Lindsay’s advice and expertise have been immensely helpful to me over the last decade. I admire her impeccable work and her dedication to being a positive voice in a society driven by diet culture and weight obsession. As a mentor, Lindsay truly desires to help other business professionals gain the insight and knowledge they need to help their clients on their journey to recovery. I appreciate her savvy business skills and enthusiasm to re-define health in today’s world. I am so grateful to call Lindsay a friend, mentor, and a colleague in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
Software and Tools
Check out what I use to keep my nutrition private practice and online programs running smoothly
(Some links are affiliate links which means I’ll get a small commission if you choose to purchase the software through my link. This does not impact your cost and sometimes can result in perks for you!)
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD
Ready to take your client’s pregnancy from food and body minefield to an opportunity for growth and healing?
Are you making any of these top mistakes RDN’s make when working with pregnant clients?
Get the free download to find out what they are and what to do instead!
PS If you’re not a dietitian but work with mamas, you might want to check this out, too ;-).