© Copyright – Nutrition Instincts, Inc 2023
Thank you for your interest in joining the Nutrition Instincts Team!
We currently have openings for the following positions:
Pediatric Dietitian – Immediate opening
Nutrition Instincts is a go-to practice for child feeding and selective eating disorders in children and teens. We take a responsive feeding and affirming approach and are looking for a dietitian who is well-trained in these approaches and ready to start working with families upon hire.
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Registered Dietitian- Level 1
Nutrition Instincts has plans to grow over the next year. We have a rolling RD opening. We’ve also updated our description below. Please review the requirements carefully. We look forward to hearing from you! Please note: If you apply, we’d be considering a start date for the Fall of 2023.
Summary + Nutrition Instincts Values
The Associate Dietitian is responsible for providing evidence-based and evidence informed nutrition counseling, education and medical nutrition therapy to patients in accordance with Nutrition Instincts values and policies.
Nutrition Instincts Team Values
Trust | Authenticity | Leadership | Mindfulness | Competency | Clarity |
We believe that nutrition care is most effective when experienced in safe connection with others. Our team strives to earn trust and build rapport and connection before offering recommendations. We know that people with eating disorders and any eating or feeding challenge are resourceful and smart and we strive to make sure our clients feel seen, heard and respected. We believe that this kind of care can only be provided when the provider is also supported, seen and heard.
At Nutrition Instincts, we know that our employees aren’t looking for just a job. They’re looking for a place where they can make a difference in people’s lives, practice ethical care, pursue professional growth and be part of a passionate and motivated team. Oh and still have room and energy to live their lives! Supported, balanced and fulfilled employees provide the BEST care so our goal is to maintain a healthy work environment. If this resonates with you, please apply!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide evidence-based and evidence-informed nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy to patients in accordance with Nutrition Instincts values and policies.
- Run educational support groups for clients on behalf of the practice.
- Maintain thorough and accurate documentation in the practice EHR program – relevant medical updates, session topics, goals/session objectives, relevant communication and referrals with/to providers.
- Communicate with other service providers on cases when relevant in a timely and professional manner.
- Undergo regular supervision with the owner and team, attend team meetings (in-person or via zoom/phone as needed) and participate in practice continuing education and personal growth projects as reasonably requested.
- Develop education, client handouts, presentations, and other practice materials as requested.
- Write blogs as assigned.
- Conduct client inquiry calls when requested.
- Employ strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, case conceptualization, and time management
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition (or related subject if didactic work was completed in addition to degree)
- Completed dietetic internship and exam prior to hire.
- Registered Dietitian, current registration with CDR and maintenance of continuing education requirements
- 1+ years experience working with people with eating disorders and/or feeding disorders
- Display a commitment to continuing education and professional development in eating disorders
- Must have NPI number and completed CAQH profile prior to hire (owner can answer questions and input practice info at time of hire)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working at an eating disorder treatment center under any title
- Eating disorder, pediatric and/or ARFID experience in any setting
- Training and/or understanding of responsive feeding and the Nuerodiversity Affirming Model® developed by Naureen Hunani, RD
- Regular attendance at training and conferences related to specialties
- Completed at least one formal training in eating disorders such as Marci Evan’s eating disorder training or EDRDPro trainings
- Interest our specialties outside of eating disorder care– child feeding, ARFID, diabetes, perinatal wellness
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
Monday-Friday with some weekends as needed. Must have afternoon hours and at least 1 evening (no later than 7pm for last session) available for a part-time role.
Part-time employees are expected to have availability of 3 days per week and maintain 13-15 client-facing hours per week. Starting schedule will be less with the goal to work up to a 3-day schedule. That timeline will be discussed on an individual basis. Ideally this role works up to a full time position where salary and benefits will be offered. Full time is considered a caseload of 25-30 client facing hours per week.
Must be available for 1 hour team meeting/supervision every Wednesday at 12:00pm PST. Please do apply if you meet other criteria but this time doesn’t work for you.
Compensation and Benefits
- W2 Employee
- Opportunities to advance in the company and increase compensation
- Sick leave, available after 90 days of employment, potential to accrue up to 80 hours
- Liability insurance covered
- Weekly supervision meetings
- Training opportunities
- CEU benefits that renew annually after the first 6 months of employment
- Home office stipend if working from home
- Flexible hours
- Flexible location – work from home and in-office opportunities
- Work within an approach you’re aligned with
- Minimal tasks related to billing and insurance matters
- Join a supportive team that works towards providing the best weight inclusive, person-centered, trauma informed care across our various specialties
- Rewarding long-term work with clients, see growth and progress
We encourage those with marginalized identities to apply!
We encourage those with marginalized identities to apply! Nutrition Instincts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This job is not for someone who...
Is not fully committed to HAES©/weight inclusive care
Is not interested in engaging in supervision with clinical leads
Is not a team player
Is not interested in growing and learning in our specialties
Currently has their own private practice. We’ll cheer you on though!