- 2 cups of whole wheat pasta
- 2 large avocados
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 large handfuls of basil
- 3 tbsps of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 small zucchini squash
- Optional: shredded parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini to the pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to zucchini. Leave the zucchini to cook until soft.
- While zucchini is cooking, prepare the pesto sauce by blending the remaining tbsp of olive oil, avocado, basil, garlic, and lemon in a blender or food processor. Add salt and pepper in desired amounts for flavor.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the pasta to a large bowl, toss in the pesto sauce along with the zucchini .
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese to the top of the pasta and serve.
Children can help by: Washing zucchini Adding pesto ingredients to blender or processor Mixing the pasta with the pesto Adding salt and pepper to pasta Sprinkling cheese to dish
This recipe was inspired by: